The Recycling Center is located at 629 Randolph Ave., Milton MA. It is open the first Saturday of each month and its hours of operation are 9am - 12pm (noon). The Recycling Center does not accept cash or personal checks.
- TV's and computer monitors - $9.00/item. Place three $3 stickers on each item.
- Refrigerators, air conditoners, de-humidifiers - $9.00/item. Place three $3 stickers on each item. Please remove refrigerator doors before drop-off.
- Propane tanks and fire extinguishers - 1 (one) $3.00 sticker per item
All other drop-off items are free. These include:
- Metal items (including file cabinets, bikes, grills (remove fuel), etc.)
- Books (hardcover and softcover in good condition);
- Fluorescent bulbs; compact fluorescent bulbs
- Items containing mercury (thermometers, thermostats, also elemental mercury); and
- Non-alkaline batteries (rechargeable batteries, etc.).
The Recycling Center will NOT accept:
- Vacuum cleaners
- Plastic-body electronics such as boom boxes/stereos, fans, and computer keyboards. You can dispose of these at retail stores such as Target and Best Buy.
- Rigid plastic items such as children's toys, laundry baskets, and plastic trash barrels
Please note that household 'alkaline' batteries (AAA, C, D, etc.) are not considered hazardous and should be thrown out in your regular trash.
For missed trash, recycling or yard waste collection issues please call the Milton DPW trash line at 617-898-4900.