Recently, the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency (MassHousing) has received several Comprehensive Site Approval Applications for development projects in Milton. The proposed developments would provide affordable housing subsidized by MassHousing under the terms of Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 40B.
The applications propose housing developments for the following sites. Click the links for more information.
- 652 Canton Ave
- 16 Amor Road
- 936 Brush Hill Road
- 582 Blue Hill Avenue (Project Eligibility Letter issued by MassHousing)
- 648 Canton Avenue (Project Eligibility Letter issued by MassHousing)
- Residences at East Milton (4-24 Franklin Street, 19-25 Bassett Street, 522 Adams Court) (Project Eligibility Letter issued by MassHousing)
- Ice House (485-487 Blue Hills Parkway) (Project Eligibility Letter issued by MassHousing)
How to Provide Public Comment
For 652 Canton Avenue, the Select Board is seeking comment on the following three areas:
- Whether the site of the proposed project is appropriate for residential development, taking into consideration information provided by municipal parties regarding actions previously taken to provide affordable housing needs;
- Whether the conceptual design is generally appropriate for the site on which it is located, taking into consideration factors such as the proposed use, the conceptual site plan, building massing, topography, environmental resources, and integration into the existing development patterns;
- Whether the proposed project appears financially feasible within the housing market in which it is sited.
Comments for 16 Amor Road and 936 Brush Hill Road may be issued to the Select Board:
- by email to Town Administrator Michael Dennehy, email@example.com
- by mail to Town Administrator Michael Dennehy, 525 Canton Avenue, Milton MA
- at a Select Board Meeting. Meetings are held remotely via Zoom. The Select Board typically meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month. Meetings are posted to the Public Meeting Calendar.
As of August 31, 2020, MassHousing has issued final Project Eligibility/Site Approval Letters for the following sites. Click the links to see all information, including the Project Eligibility/Site Approval Letters and the Town's comment letters for each site. The next step for these projects is for the developer to go through a typical comprehensive permitting process through the Milton Zoning Board of Appeals, at which time the ZBA will take additional public comments.
- 582 Blue Hill Avenue
- 648 Canton Avenue
- Ice House (485-487 Blue Hills Parkway)
- Residences at East Milton
How to Provide Public Comment for sites with a Project Eligibility Letter
Comments on individual applications to the Zoning Board of Appeals may be issued in writing to the Zoning Board of Appeals, 525 Canton Avenue, Milton MA 02186 or electronically to Beverly Sutton, Senior Administrative Clerk. Please use the address of the proposed project in your comment in order for your submission to be appropriately catalogued.
Comments should be issued specific to a single site; however, members of the public are welcome to comment on as many sites as they would like.
40B Approval Process
MassHousing has authority to approve these applications, and has given the Town the opportunity to respond to each of the proposals before issuing its approval decision to the applicants. The Town’s response to these applications will be a letter of response to each application summarizing all stakeholder comments, which will be compiled and submitted by the Select Board.
For projects that have been issued a Project Eligibility/Site Approval Letter, the next step is for the developer to go through a typical comprehensive permitting process through the Milton Zoning Board of Appeals, at which time the ZBA will take additional public comments.