We are able to accept Medicare and most other HMO’s so please bring your insurance cards with you. If you do not have health insurance, we will also have state supplied vaccine available to you free of charge. Due to changes in the distribution of flu vaccine, this will be our only general public flu clinic this year. If you are unable to attend this clinic, you are encouraged to check with your Primary Care Physician or local pharmacy for the flu vaccine.
The following tips can help protect you and your loved ones during the flu season and from other cough and cold illnesses:
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands often with soap and warm water, or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. This decreases the chance that you will introduce influenza virus and other infectious agents into parts of your body where infection can begin. It also decreases your potential infectiousness to others.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Never cough in the direction of someone else. Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Clean things that are touched often. Clean things that are touched often at home, work or school like door or refrigerator handles, computer key boards / mouse, phone and water faucets.
- Avoid close contact with others who are ill. Avoid holding, hugging or kissing anyone who has a cold or the flu.