Milton Town Hall will be closed to the public at the end of business today, Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice. Only Town employees will be allowed into the building. All employees will continue to work providing essential town functions and services to the public from their department buildings and offices. The public will be able to reach all Town departments during this time by phone during normal business hours. All business should be conducted by email, mail, phone, internet, and via the Drop Box outside Town Hall.
The Treasurer’s Office is promoting use of the Town’s on-line payment services available through the Town’s website at https://www.townofmilton.org/home/pages/online-payments. All in person inspections and appraisals by the Assessors have been suspended indefinitely. If you have business to conduct with the Town, please do so online, through email, mail, phone, or drop box at Town Hall located on at the North entrance of Town Hall.
Under the guidance of State Legislature the Town has put the following measures in place:
- The Park Commissioners announced today that effective tomorrow, Tuesday March 17, 2020 all Playgrounds will be closed in Milton until further notice. Out of an abundance of caution, the Park Commissioners have directed that all playground equipment be closed for use indefinitely.
- The Milton Public Schools are closed until further notice.
- The Milton Public Library is closed to the public on Monday, March 16th, 2020 until further notice
- Library staff will continue to be available to you with Reference help and book recommendations via phone and email
- Curbside holds pickup
- Book and materials returns through the book drop
- Free wi-fi in our parking lot
- Digital services, databases and streaming services, including Overdrive/Libby, Hoopla
- The Council on Aging will be closed to the public. The COA van service is continuing to provide limited transportation for essential services only (medical appointments, grocery shopping, pharmacies, etc.). Staff will be available via phone (617)898-4893.
- Town Hall will be closed to the public on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 until further notice.
- Public Health staff has contacted all food establishments with information on specific Food Code requirements that will help establishments and employees limit the potential spread of Coronavirus or any influenza virus as well as a list of EPA approved disinfectants, and food code regulations. Please continue to check our website as more information becomes available at
For the most up to date information, continue to check the CDC and MDPH website links listed below:
- Gatherings & Restaurants: Governor Baker issued an emergency order limiting gatherings to 25 individuals and prohibiting on-premises consumption of food or drink at bars and restaurants, beginning on March 17th and effective until April 6.
- The following are directives from the State and Emergency Management Authorities:
Seek to hold meetings and hearings remotely.
Cancel or hold virtually any conferences, seminars and other discretionary gatherings. Employees should not attend external work-related conferences, seminars or events.
Discontinue all out-of-state work-related travel.
To stay informed, please consider signing up for the Town Alerts through the Town website at https://www.townofmilton.org/subscribe and/or following us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/townofmiltonma or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/townofmilton.ma/
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we are forced to continue to make and modify decisions under short notice in order to continue to deliver essential services and protect public health.