Milton Health Department
March 12, 2020
- The goal of the Milton Community is to slow the transmission through self-voluntary quarantine and isolation of Milton residents who have become infected with the virus.
- Woman, children, and pregnant woman have fared well during the outbreak according to results from other countries.
- Coronavirus is more critical to middle aged people and individuals in their 70’s 80’s and 90’s or individuals who have underlying medical conditions.
- Reduce exposure to Coronavirus by limiting your exposure to large gatherings.
- If you are sick, with influenza-like symptoms, stay at home. If you have fever and or lower respiratory symptoms, call your primary care doctor (PCP). If you don’t have a PCP call the Massachusetts Department of Public Health at 1-617-983-6800.
- As of March 11, 2020, Milton has 2 presumptive positive cases of Coronavirus that have been linked to the Biogen Conference in Boston. These individuals do not have children in the Milton Public, Private School System or daycares.
*As numbers change, more information will be forthcoming.
Caroline A. Kinsella