The Traffic Commission generally meets on a monthly basis. Meetings and locations are posted on the town's public meeting calendar and citizens are welcome to attend and speak. The Traffic Commission is an advisory-only board. Any recommendations made by the Traffic Commission regarding changes to Massachusetts General Law or the Town of Milton Bylaws are then submitted to the Select Board for approval and implementation. The Traffic Commission studies the traffic situation in town and advises the Select Board on ways and means to regulate traffic in the town and increase public safety. The Traffic Commission recommends to the Select Board changes and amendments to the Traffic Rules and Orders of the town with a view towards reducing crashes and relieving traffic congestion throughout town. Given the number of cars that travel our roads each day, this objective often proves to be very challenging.
Note: The Traffic Commission does not review traffic enforcement issues. All enforcement authority lies solely with the Police Department.
Report A Traffic Problem
- Chase P. Berkeley, PE, Department of Public Works (DPW) Director (Chair)
- Lieutenant Mark Alba, Police (Safety Officer)
- Jack Calabro, Manager of Street/Traffic Lights and Special DPW/Engineering Projects
- Tim Czerwienski, Planning (Director)
- Marina Fernandes, Town Engineer
- John E. King, Police Chief
- Christopher Madden, Fire Chief
- Glenn Pavlicek
- Joseph Sloane, Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Marion Driscoll, Member (February 2022)
- Steven Geyster, Member (February 2022)
Appointed By: Select Board
Term: One year terms (July 1 to June 30)
Charge: Traffic Commission Charge - Town Bylaw (PDF)
Chapter 6B - Traffic Commission Composition
- Chief of Police
- Fire Chief
- Director of Public Works
- Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee
- Manager of Street/Traffic Lights and Special DPW/Engineering Projects
- Safety Officer, Police Department
- Director of Planning and Community Development
- Town Engineer
- Three Residents of Town appointed by the Select Board for a term of 1 year, at least one of whom shall be a member of the Bicycle Advisory Committee.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.