First Parish in Milton

First Parish in MiltonThe First Parish in Milton Unitarian is on the right, where it has faced Canton Avenue since 1835 when it was reoriented. The parish was founded in 1678 by twelve members of the Dorchester Meeting House who signed a covenant establishing a place of worship in Milton. On the left is the Children's Church, a former school house on Adams Street that was moved to its present site in 1937 and remodeled by a local architect Eliot Putnam (of the architectural firm of Putnam and Chandler) for use by the children of the First Parish in Milton.