Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals acts as a quasi-judicial body deciding whether or not to vary from the Zoning By-Laws. The Zoning Board is empowered to act on appeals, special permits, variances, site plan /architectural review, modifications, and comprehensive permits, in accordance with applicable sections of Massachusetts General Law, the Town of Milton General Town By-Laws, ZBA Rules and Regulations, and the Town of Milton Zoning By-Laws.
Virtually all matters which come before the Board is initiated by residents or businesses seeking relief from the Zoning By-Law. Each application is processed in accordance with the legal requirements and timetables established under the Massachusetts Zoning Act, the Town of Milton General Town By-Laws, ZBA Rules and Regulations, and the Milton Zoning By-Laws.
The Zoning Board of Appeals holds public hearings on applications for zoning variances, special permits, site plan review, and decides appeals of administrative decisions of the Town's Zoning Code Administrator.
The Board recommends that prospective applicants familiarize themselves with the Milton Zoning By-Law, a copy of which can be purchased at the Town Hall, or click here.
- John S. Leonard, Esq., Chair (2023)
- Jeffrey Mullan, Esq., Member (2023)
- Francis C. O’Brien, Esq., Member (2023)
- Brian M. Hurley, Esq., Member (2023)
- Giselle Joffre, Member (2025)
- Virginia M. Donahue King, Esq., Member (2025)
- Theodore E Daiber, Esq., Member (2025)
- Nicholas S Gray, Esq., Member (2025)
- Kathleen O'Donnell, Esq., Member
- Michael R. Brown, Esq., Member
- Bryan C. Connolly, Esq., Member
Appointed By: Town Moderator
Members: 3 plus alternate members
Terms: Three year terms
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.